Green Rivers has a proven track record of assisting landowners with streams, wetlands and water quality related issues on private property. Recognizing livelihoods and property values can be negatively impacted by erosion, flooding and water contamination, our highly skilled team can find solutions for your issues.
Project examples include surface and water quality monitoring, stream restoration to prevent erosion, stream access improvement, culvert and bridge retrofit and installation, floodplain restoration, stream wetland and riparian habitat restoration, native vegetation restoration and invasive species control.
Green Rivers can manage all aspects of environmental restoration projects including connecting you with the appropriate agencies and their resources, assisting with grant applications, project design, permitting, construction oversight and post-project monitoring.
For agricultural related projects, Green Rivers designs and implements sustainable projects tailored to the client’s needs. We can implement Best Management Practices (BMP’s) according to Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) Technical Specifications to comply with EQUIP or other governmental cost share program requirements. Practices include livestock exclusions from non-designated watering areas, developing alternative watering sources, establishment of wildlife and pollinator habitat, stream bank stabilization, and mapping services among many others.
Additionally, Green Rivers can assist landowners in placing their property into a conservation easement that will protect the water resources in perpetuity. Previously impacted properties hold the potential for restoration while high quality or more pristine land can be preserved for permanent protection. These properties can include streams polluted and eroded by overgrazing or urban development, dammed by early industry, and wetlands which have been clear-cut, ditched and drained for agriculture or other man-made developments. Green Rivers invests in such areas by purchasing permanent conservation easements from property owners, and ecologically restoring the streams and floodplains.
If you are interested in placing your streams and wetlands in a permanent conservation easement, please call Green Rivers today for your free consultation and assessment!
- Property Assessment of Aquatic Resources and Condition
- Culvert and Small Bridge Retrofit and Installation
- Stream and Wetland Restoration Planning
- Stream and Wetland Restoration Construction
- Riparian and Floodplain Enhancements
- Surface and Groundwater Monitoring
- Agricultural Planning and BMP Implementation
- Assistance with Government Agencies, Grants, Regulations and Permitting
- Conservation Easement Contracts, Surveys and Recording
- Native Vegetation Establishment
- Invasive Species Control
- GIS Mapping of Properties and Features
- Conceptual Site Design
- Aquatic Resource Appraisal
- Rare, Threatened and Endangered Species Survey
- Freshwater Fish and Mussel Survey
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Remote Sensing Analysis
- HECRAS Floodplain Modeling